The reason why you are getting this error is because you have set your activity rate too high or your proxy is not in the same country/city as you.
Please make sure to have your proxy location as close to you as possible.
You may also see this error if you are using the Auto-DM or Auto-comment function and users are reporting you.
When combining multiple activities, always avoid Auto Follow + Auto Unfollow at the same time. This could be risky for your account. You can combine two other activities aside these two.
- The recommended fix is to pause the activity campaign and resume in 24-48 hours with a slower speed.
It is recommended to not perform any activity to your instagram account during this period.
- Reduce activity speed: When the pause period has passed, start your activity at a lower pace. Run your activities with this reduced speed for at least a week.
- Avoid running multiple tasks: To be on a safer side, it is recommended to run single activities for the first few days before and never run more than two activities for the next few weeks.
- Always read your activity log: The purpose of the log page for every activity is to let you how your account is performing these tasks when you follow these logs, you’ll be able to tell when things are not going right. And you can easily deactivate any activity generating too many errors.
- Remove and re-add your Instagram account: Please remove your Instagram account from our platform and re-add it again. If the error still shows you will need a new proxy.
Always deactivate any activity that shows any error similar to ‘InstagramAPI\Response\GenericResponse: Feedback required’ to avoid sending more requests to Instagram.
Instagram (and other social networks) don’t know that you are using a proxy, so your trust score increases, there are no blocks, there is no risk of ban, and the IP changes automatically.
The above suggestions are what worked for many of our users who have come across the Instagram Feedback Required error. It is not necessary to try all of the above as a single one could be a fix to your own issue. Understanding what triggers the error is the key to solving it.
If you have any questions or if the problem persists please contact us.